Our postpartum care is part of what sets midwives apart from all other obstetric care providers. We offer midwifery-quality postpartum care for all of our home and birth center clients, and also for families planning to birth with other providers but who want help creating their postpartum "nest" for bonding with their new baby and recovery from pregnancy and birth.
Our midwives can support you in adjusting to life with a new baby, answering questions about normal newborn behavior, infant feeding, sibling bonding, provide a helping hand, and connect you to community resources.
Six Weeks of Postpartum Midwifery Care
At Every Body Midwifery, we believe that healthy families deserve abundant support in the postpartum period. We give special attention to the many adjustments and changes families face as they add a new baby to the mix, listening without judgement and offering our experienced support. We custom design your postpartum care based on your family's needs and desires. Every visit will look a little different, lasting 1-2 hours, and may include:
- Prenatal education about planning for the postpartum period
- Learning what the "new normal" is for newborns and families postpartum
- Massage or craniosacral therapy
- Help with infant feeding, whether you are nursing, supplementing with donor milk or formula, inducing lactation, or bottle feeding
- Insight on understanding your baby's cues and communication
- Sibling support and education
- Light houskeeping and errands
- Understanding, empathetic support and listening
- Education and assistance in newborn care
- Help with infant sleeping
- Babywearing education
- Care for baby while parents have time to shower, nap, or do self-care
- Learn soothing and swaddling techniques
- Resources and referrals to trusted community providers
Each postpartum care package also includes:
- Free prenatal consultation to figure out what support plan will best meet your needs and get to know your midwives
- A postpartum planning book (two titles available to choose from)
- Herbal Postpartum Healing kit, with sitz bath herbs and herbal medicine to support your healing
- Placenta encapsulation
- Phone support in those first few weeks when you need a little reassurance or have questions
Your Postpartum Midwifery Care Package costs $600-800 on a sliding scale.
Additional postpartum support services are available on sliding scale from $25-$35/hour, with a four hour minimum.
Contact us to discuss how we can help your family thrive in the postpartum!